Yields: 8 servings
- 1 small eggplant
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 15 oz. fat-free cottage-cheese
- 1 1/2 cup fat free mozzarella cheese
- 12 oz. spaghetti sauce
- 4 oz extra-lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- Peel eggplant and cut into 1/2 - 3/8 inch slices.
- Place the eggplant slices in a glass baking dish with 1/2 cup vegetable broth.Bake eggplant slices at 375 degrees until tender.
- Place eggplant slices on paper towels and pat dry.
- Combine the spaghetti sauce and ground beef.
- Thoroughly mix cottage cheese, egg, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Coat a 9" x 9" glass-baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Layer the ingredients in the pan twice - sauce, cottage cheese, eggplant, mozzarella cheese. Repeat.
- Bake at 350 degree for about 20 minutes or until mozzarella topping starts to brown.
Nutrition Information (per serving):
Calories - 140
Fat - 2 gm
Protein - 16 gm
Carbohydrates - 14 gm